Happy Trails is an initiative of the City of Glenwood Springs to increase safety and consideration on our roads, sidewalks, paths and trails. This 4-week campaign will feature information on how to get around Glenwood Springs safely and within the rules.
Each week the City’s website will offer information and a survey. Complete the survey and sign a pledge at the end to be patient, aware and courteous and you will be eligible for some great prizes, like day passes to the Community Center or Glenwood Springs Parks and Rec t-shirts. Surveys may also be completed in City Hall.
On the Sidewalk
On The Road
- All vehicles using the road must obey traffic laws, signs and signals. Cars, trucks, bicycles, unicycles… the rules apply to everyone.
- Share the road. Bicycles traveling on the road have the same rights- and the same responsibilities- as motor vehicles. Bicycles are allowed on all roads within the City of Glenwood Springs. Respect their right to be there, and give them space when passing (Colorado law requires 3 feet).
- Pedestrians should obey pedestrian signals and cross at marked crosswalks when possible.
- Bicyclists and Pedestrians: Help drivers help you. Wear bright clothing so you are more visible.
- Bicyclists: Be predictable. Avoid weaving in and out of traffic, or suddenly alternating between sidewalk and road. Always signal your intentions when moving to take the lane or making a turn.
- Avoid distracted driving, biking, AND walking.
- Drivers: Be on the lookout for bicyclists and pedestrians. Look over your left shoulder before opening your car door to make sure no bicyclists or other traffic is approaching.
On the Trail
Week 3 begins July 31, 2017.