Construction crews will be completing roadway improvements in preparation for the Detour. Please be aware of the following traffic impacts:
|Downtown Striping for Detour Route|
Monday 8/7 through Friday 8/11, both day and night work (most of these closures will be one day only, the schedule is dynamic and weather dependent)
Eighth Street Closures
- Eighth from Grand to Colorado will be closed, Colorado from Eighth to Ninth will be closed, Ninth Street from Grand to Colorado will be closed
- Devereux Road and Midland Avenue will be in alternating one-lane configuration
- I-70 between Exits 114 and 116 will be reduced to one-lane both east and westbound
- CO-82 from 27th Street to Eighth will be reduced to one-lane
- Wulfsohn closed periodically
- Sixth Street will be one-lane in each direction
Eighth Street between Cooper and Grand closed through Aug. 11. Crews will open it for the weekend of 8/5-8/6. Access to the CMC parking garage will be maintained via Cooper Street. Construction crews will be on Eighth Street working on a utility project.
Parking in front of the Hotel Colorado will remained closed through the detour. The area north of the pedestrian bridge is being converted to a bus depot for the free RFTA service.
I-70 Exit 116 Eastbound On-ramp Closures AM
The I-70 Exit 116 eastbound on-ramp will be CLOSED from 5:30 AM to 9:30 AM, Monday through Friday. For I-70 eastbound access, motorists are advised to use westbound I-70 to Exit 114 and turn around at the interchange.
I-70 Eastbound One-Lane Closure
Approaching Exit 116, there will be an ongoing one-lane closure on I-70 Eastbound for rock work on piers and staging.
Downtown Brick Paver Update
Tonight from 8 PM to 6 AM, crews will be pouring concrete on the west wing street. Access to businesses open after 8 PM will be maintained. Masons will be laying bricks for several weeks.
On the GAB
Anticipate intermittent lane closures on the GAB from 9 AM to 3 PM, Monday through Friday.
Next Week: The GAB will be reduced to one-lane in each direction for the remaining days before the detour beginning as early as 7 PM on Friday, Aug. 11. Crews will be storing equipment and mobilizing cranes in the lane closures on the bridge.
|I-70 Night Detours 8/14-8/20|
Exit 116 Interchange and Sixth Street
- Monday, Aug. 14 through Sunday, Aug. 20 from 8 PM to 6 AM
- Eastbound I-70 traffic will exit at Exit 116, detour to Sixth Street and return to I-70 via a break-in-barrier.
- Glenwood or Roaring Fork Valley traffic wishing to access eastbound I-70 will navigate the GAB detour, enter eastbound I-70 at Exit 114, exit the interstate at Exit 116, detour to Sixth Street and return to I-70 via a break-in-barrier.
- Westbound I-70 traffic will detour via a break-in-barrier on east Sixth Street to Exit 116 and continue on I-70 to their destination or exit at Exit 114 for access to Glenwood Springs, CO-82 and the Roaring Fork Valley.
Beginning Monday, Aug. 14, the Exit 116 interchange and Sixth Street will be one-lane in each direction for the remainder of the GAB detour.
River Closure Schedule 8/14-8/23
Monday, Aug. 14 for approximately 10 days (24/7) No Name, Shoshone and Grizzly Creek put-ins closed.
Stay tuned for closures near end-August to mid-September from approximately 10 days (24/7) No Name, Shoshone and Grizzly Creek put-ins closed.
We sincerely appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this roadwork causes you.