CONEZONE - Know Before You Go: Thursday 3/21 and Friday 3/22:
- It is anticipated that ongoing lane closures on the 27th Street Bridge will extend from the normal off-peak through the afternoon peak on Thursday and Friday afternoon until approximately 4:30 PM.
- Delays anticipated. Use lights and sirens to cross in an emergency.
- This lane closure is to allow for shotcrete access and work. Work is weather dependent and subject to change.
Information – Matt Langhorst, Public Works Director, City of Glenwood Springs, 384-6438, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the City of Glenwood Springs is also undergoing rock scaling along Midland Avenue south of 27th Street this week and next week. This is separate from the 27th Street Bridge construction. Rock scaling work will continue Thursday through Friday, weather permitting, from approximately 9 AM-3:30 PM with 20 minute holds/delays. Rock scaling work may also occur on Saturday, March 23 from approximately 8 AM-5 PM and is expected to occur next week as well.
For questions on rock scaling or pothole repairs, contact Matt Langhorst, 384-6438.
Ongoing Traffic Impacts:
- Motorists should expect ongoing holds and bridge lane closures during off peak hours off-peak hours (before 7AM, between 8:30AM-4PM, and after 6PM).
- To maximize the progress on the bridge abutments, beginning March 18, crews will access the site as early as sunup to begin daily preparations for drilling work to begin at 7AM As needed, crews will continue work as late as 9PM
- Construction on Saturdays, 8AM to 6PM, is expected to be more frequent and, if necessary, some construction activities may occur on Sundays.
- Please DO NOT BLOCK ROUNDABOUTS. Follow signage and flagger instructions.
Bus Stop Service Notice:
The 27th Street/S. Grand Ave. Ride Glenwood bus stop will close until further notice on Monday, April 22 with the spring schedule change. Service will be relocated to the 27th BRT station on CO-82. This stop will be closed for the duration of project construction. The last day of service at this location will be Sunday, April 21.
Tips for Motorists:
Plan extra travel time through the area especially during peak times. Delays have ranged between approximately 5 and 25 minutes and are intermittent in nature.
- Use alternate routes (CO-82). Midland Avenue should be used for local traffic only.
- Walk, bike and carpool whenever possible. The fewer cars trying to get through the area will mean shorter delays.
- Scheduled impacts are communicated via the ConeZone email update, city Facebook, city Twitter and the project phone. Tune in to your platform of choice to see the latest information.
- Do not block the roundabout and follow flagger instructions. This helps to keep traffic flowing.
- All work is weather dependent and subject to change based on conditions encountered.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to the project team.
Project Webpage: cogs.us/27thStreetBridge -- AND/OR -- cogs.us/SunlightBridge
Phone (call or text): 970-618-5379