Crews are making great progress on micropile construction which should be ongoing through May. These micropiles essentially form the foundations for the new pedestrian and traffic bridges.
New Pedestrian Bridge:
The new pedestrian bridge is expected to be brought onto site for preparation work in the beginning of May. Installation is anticipated to begin in June and require a night closure of the 27th Street Bridge and South Grand Avenue intersection. It will be installed to the north (downstream) of the existing traffic bridge. Stay tuned for more information.
Know Before You Go: Wednesday 4/24, Monday 4/29, and Friday 5/3
- In order to position trucks for critical concrete pours, expect periodic holds on the bridge and S. Grand Avenue in the afternoon peak on Wednesday 4/24, Monday 4/29, and Friday 5/3.
- Delays anticipated. Please allow extra travel time through the area and do not block intersections.
- These dates are subject to change. For the latest information you can call or text the information line at 970-618-5379 or email 27thStreetBridge@gmail.com.
Save the Dates: Upcoming Informational Meetings
For more information about the project schedule including the closure, detour and river impact information, please join us at one of the following meetings.
- Monday, May 20, 6 PM – River Users Meeting @ Glenwood Public Library
- Thursday, May 30, 5-7 PM – Public Open House @ Glenwood Community Center
Bus Stop Service Reminder:
The 27th Street/S. Grand Ave. Ride Glenwood bus stop has closed until further notice. Service has been relocated to the 27th BRT station on CO-82. This stop will be closed for the duration of project construction.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to the project team.
Project Webpage: cogs.us/27thStreetBridge -- AND/OR -- cogs.us/SunlightBridge
Phone (call or text): 970-618-5379