Construction of the boat ramp and river walk project begins October 7 and will continue through April
Closure and Impacts
The closure of the entire park, including the boat ramp along the Colorado River, will remain in effect through April 2020.
During the closure, pedestrians and cyclists will not be able to enter the park from the Rio Grande Trail pedestrian bridge and will be redirected to 6th Street. Vehicles will not be able to enter the park from Devereux Road. River users should plan accordingly for the closure and take out and/or put in at other ramp locations in the area.
Heyl Construction as been selected for the riverfront improvements project which includes:
- Excavation of the in-river railroad abutment and industrial debris along the park’s shoreline
- Installation of a river walk trail
- Protection of beach areas
- An improved boat ramp and staging area
- ADA connectivity
- Restrooms for river users
- Landscaping along the riverfront
Heyl Construction and City staff thank the residents and visitors of Glenwood Springs for their patience during this project.
For more information on this and other City projects, please visit www.cogs.us/projects.