City council voted to extend face coverings for all community members when entering and while inside of a place open to the public. In addition, Playground and shelter facilities to reopen Saturday June 6, 2020.
GLENWOOD SPRINGS, CO –Glenwood Springs City council voted to extend Public Health Order No. 2-20 requiring face coverings for all community members when entering and while inside of a place open to the public, and in such other public indoor or outdoor places where persons are unable to maintain safe social distancing from others. The Public Health Order will become effective immediately and will remain in effect until a vaccine is widely available, CDC and State recommendations change and/or Council rescinds this Order.
READ THE FULL PUBLIC HEALTH ORDER HERE
Exceptions for wearing face coverings is granted for the following persons:
- Persons under the age of two years; and
- Persons for whom a face covering would cause impairment due to an existing health condition.
- Persons working in a professional office who do not have any face-to-face interactions with the public.
- Persons seated at a table in a restaurant and otherwise complying with the Garfield County Variance(s) or State regulations related to restaurants.
Playgrounds and Park Facilities Reopening
Glenwood Springs Parks and Recreation department announced that City playgrounds, pavilions, courts, and park rentals are reopening with guidance from the Garfield County variance and CDPHE State reopening guidelines. This includes the following:
- Playgrounds open- up to 10 people at a time.
- All sports courts open and sports fields open- up to 25 people. Spectators are discouraged.
- Reservations for pavilions and shelters available.
- Park Rentals and Special Event Permits for groups under 50 people. Group capacity determined by activity type, area spacing, and distancing measures in place. Outdoor recreation and programs limited to 25 people or less.
- South Canyon Hotsprings open with distancing measures.
- White Water Park remains open- up to 25 people.
- Skate Park remains open.
- All Trails are open.
- Hanging Lake open by permit, self-parking with permit at the Trail Head, no shuttle service.
- All parks and boat ramps are open.