South Midland paving crews will be working extended hours today (11/4/21) and maybe tomorrow (11/5/21). There will also be paving work this Saturday (11/6/21).
Paving work on the South Midland corridor will require extended hours today into the afternoon traffic peak, Thursday, November 4, and possibly Friday, November 5. Crews will also be paving this Saturday between 8 a.m and 7 p.m. A one-lane alternating traffic configuration will be in place during paving operations. Narrow lanes, long waits, and drying-time delays of up to 15 minutes are all expected as the bottom and top mats of the asphalt are laid in advance of the winter construction break.
Remaining paving locations:
- Midland Ave. (top mat from Park West to north end of Downhill Wall)
- Old Cardiff Bridge (top mat)
- Park West (North access) (top mat)
- 4 Mile Road (roundabout leg) (top mat)
- Airport Road (roundabout leg) (top mat)
- Miscellaneous patching of trenches
- 3 Mile Road
- Mount Sopris Drive